Click this button and tell us how you want to be involved!
Be an Earth Holder
The Earth Holder Community is a distributed network of individual and sangha initiatives and leaders throughout North America and beyond. We are connected by a central digital hub so we can communicate, share resources, and learn from one another. Together, we will put into effect the Mindful Way Forward Action Plan–an ambitious road map for protecting each other, all beings and the Earth through joyful, compassionate, non-violent and effective action. If you embrace Plum Village values and aim to bring mindfulness, compassion, healing and non-violence to protecting each other, all beings and the earth, click here to learn about, join or start an action team.
Are You an Earth Holder?
Yes! If you are practicing in the Plum Village tradition, and wish to bring mindfulness, compassion, healing, and non-violence to protecting each other, all beings and the Earth, then you already are an Earth Holder!
There are so many ways to to practice earth holding and protecting and engage with the Earth Holder Community. Here are some suggestions:
- Study the Five Mindfulness Trainings–a simple, practical ethical code for life in the 21st Century–we align daily actions with our deepest aspirations in order to bring an end to Earth’s suffering.
- Take steps to reduce our ecological footprint by using tools like the Earth Peace Treaty Commitment Sheet.
- Manifest Earth Justice where we live. Read more about Earth Justice here.
- Introduce Earth Holding practices and actions to your sangha. Check out these teaching and practice support materials.
- Move toward an Earth-friendly, plant-based diet.
- Host an Earth-themed book club, movie night or plant-based potluck for friends, family, or your sangha.
- Participate in Calls to Action, climate marches, flash meditations, writing a love letter to the editor or elected official, hosting an Earth Holder table at a festival to talk with the public, and more.
And there’s more….
If you want to roll up your sleeves and really get to work implementing the Mindful Way Forward Action Plan, then click the buttons below, or find a local Sangha to practice with using the map below.